Sunday, July 11, 2010

Eat Free Chikin

Chick-fil-a recently celebrated Cow Appreciation Day where you could dress up like a cow in order to receive a free combo. I was very excited about this day! I thought for weeks about how I turn E into the cutest calf Chick-fil-a at Kingston Overlook had ever seen. I was able to create his little costume out of materials we already had a home. I took a plain white t-shirt and used some fusible backing to attach some black fabric dots for cow spots. I also cut out some black spots and pinned them to a pair of khaki shorts. I then took an old puffs container and cut off the bottom to make a cowbell. I colored the bottom of the canister with a silver sharpie then attached a black and white piece of ribbon to the bell with a safety pin. Next, he needed a tail. I took 4 strands of white string and wrapped them with a 5th piece of string to create a tail. I left the bottom of the strings lose to create a fly-flicker on the end of the tail. Then I made him an "Eat Mor Chikin" sandwich board using a cereal box, construction paper, sharpies, and string. Finally, I made a handkerchief for his head using some white fabric and more black fabric spots, then I took some black eye shadow to give him a little black nose.

Since I had spent so much time on his little costume, I didn't have much time to spend on Daddy's and my costumes. I cut out some black spots that we pinned to white shirts and khakis, and we colored our noses with black eye shadow.

Here are some pictures of our cute little calf. If there had been a contest, I think he would have won!

No comments:

Post a Comment